Ask the Chief

Home Forums General Discussion Ask the Chief

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MCA461
    Participant

Gentlemen,

In light of the difficulties the world is finding itself in I have noticed an uptick in virtual flying and staffing. Call it the silver lining to this cloud. While my real life flying operations are down 90% and pilot training slowed considerable I’d like to open my door even wider to your questions. My expertise lies in the aviation regulation. equipment, and training side of the industry. So if you have or had have any burning questions about your Midcon aircraft or operations I believe I have the time to properly field them. So let ’em fly (pun intended!)

Regards,
    Capt. E. Hill DOT
    Fleet Check Airmen

John Morgan
    Participant

I hear ya. I’ve gone from an A&P to a parts guy in the interim as over half our fleet is sitting idle.

One question that’s been on my mind is fleet conformity with the 737s. Is there a master list of settings for the PMDG? I know we use a fail-passive autopilot and we’re not ETOPS so I removed systems related to that, but I’ve been wondering about other equipment.

MCA461
    Participant

Yes and no.

This had been discussed at some length and Mike and I have a general idea in our heads. This is something we are going to need shortly with PMDG’s GFO on the horizon. As you are probably aware the NGu has far more carrier specific options than the NGX as well as the more modern lighting options. I’m sure with this down time we can compile a config list in short order and check that box off the GFO to do list.

John Morgan
    Participant

I’m still waiting to see how much MSFS2020 and the PMDG 737 for that sim comes out to be before I jump on the NGXu. Unfortunately, I missed the opportunity to get it when they offered a future discount. I’d just purchased a new computer, P3Dv4, and the 737NGX in September and the wife was not keen on me spending another hundred on a newer version of what I just bought.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More Airline…Less Virtual